Open to UNSW students, New College is founded on Christian faith and values. A friendly & supportive community, it has an outstanding academic profile.
Around 45% of students achieve a ‘Distinction Average’ or higher each year. The academic support and pastoral care is provided by a team of Tutors and Resident Advisors. The cultural, social and sporting programs at New College are unmatched at UNSW. Every year New Collegians enjoy an exciting social program, run a musical/play and revue, volunteer in remote Australian and overseas communities and compete at all sports in the Inter-College competition.
Recently refurbished, New College provides high-quality accommodation and facilities for 247 young men and women. Included in fees are 21 meals/wk, high-speed WiFi and weekly cleaning. Membership of New College is based on a contract of two, 19-week semesters. New College is an outstanding place to make friends and live on-campus at UNSW.
- Breakfast and twice-daily hot meals in buffet style, seven days a week (21 meals a week), with vegetarian options
- A unique system of group common rooms that enables students to meet and mingle in a relaxed social environment
- Rooms with Internet connection and private telephones, plus a wireless network in many parts of the building.
- Weekly College laundering services for linen and access to shared laundry facilities for the laundering of personal items
- Individual room heating
- Computer, music, games, library, meeting and television rooms for student use